slides: Local Musicians Honor Brown Bird’s David Lamb at Columbus Theatre
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Lamb, who sang in the Providence-based folk rock duo Brown Bird since their founding in 2003, died Saturday at Memorial Hospital in Providence due to complications from leukemia at the age of 35. News of Lamb’s passing not only sent shockwaves through New England, but also the nation as a whole.
Following Lamb’s passing, MorganEve Swain, his band mate and wife, issued the following statement on the band’s website regarding Lamb’s yearlong battle with cancer.
“Dave’s body began to shut down under the stress of a year-long fight and a sudden and aggressive leukemic relapse, Today, surrounded by his family and so many friends, Dave peacefully let go. Thank you for all the love you’ve all shown us. It helped so very much to know we had an army behind us.”
Lamb’s “army” of supporters came out in droves on Tuesday at the Columbus to celebrate the life and influence of this local legend. The free concert included the likes of Joe Fletcher, Death Vessel, Alec K. Redfearn, and Last Good Tooth.
GoLocal was privileged enough to capture some memorable moments from last night’s show, which we’ve compiled into the accompanying slideshow.
Check out the David Lamb Tribute Show slideshow below
Slideshow photos by Rick Farrell
Related Slideshow: Columbus Theatre Tribute to David Lamb
- MUSIC: The Columbus Puts On A Benefit For Brown Bird’s Dave Lamb
- MUSIC: A Conversation with Blues-Rock Band My Goodness
- MUSIC: Crenshaw and Bottle Rockets Heat Up the Narrows
- MUSIC: Providence Native SweenS Opens For Wale Friday at Lupo’s
- MUSIC: The Devil Makes Three Hosts Benefit For Brown Bird’s Dave Lamb
- MUSIC: A Conversation with Torn Shorts’ Josh Grabert
- MUSIC: Detroit’s “Against The Grain” Rips Club Dusk Apart
- MUSIC: Temptations Bring Motown to Rhode Island
- RI Music Community Rallies Around Brown Bird’s David Lamb
- MUSIC: A Tribute to Providence Takes Over The Parlour
- MUSIC: Dr. John Performing Valentine’s Day at Park Theater
- MUSIC: The Brother Kite Flies High At The Roi
- MUSIC: Don’t Miss- Toy Soldiers at the Columbus Theatre, Tonight!
- MUSIC: An Interview with Mike Love of the Beach Boys
- MUSIC: Dr. Jones + The Shiners Fire Up The News Cafe
- MUSIC: The Midday Social Brings The Buzz To The Met
- MUSIC: Mother Falcon Soars At The Columbus Theatre
- MUSIC: An Interview with Providence’s Gymshorts
- MUSIC: Interview with Mark Mulcahy
- MUSIC: The Mighty Good Boys Make It Look Easy At AS220
- MUSIC: Revival Reinvigorates The Columbus Theatre
- MUSIC: Anvil Crushes Dive Bar
- MUSIC: Interview with Rough Francis’ Bobby Hackney Jr.
- MUSIC: The Most Dangerous Men Alive Bring the Party to Mardi Gras
- MUSIC: Brown Bird Celebrates Release Of Fits Of Reason At The Met
- MUSIC: The Columbus Theatre Celebrates Bob Dylan’s Birthday
- MUSIC: Big D & The Kids Table Pick It Up At Fete
- MUSIC: Interview with Roz Raskin of Roz and the The Rice Cakes
- MUSIC: The ‘Mericans Play Providence
- MUSIC: Remembering David Lamb of Brown Bird
- MUSIC: Vudu Sister Releases Household Items at Columbus Theatre
- MUSIC: Catching Up with Marshall Crenshaw
- MUSIC: Martha Redbone Roots Project Plays Aurora