NEW: High Winds Continue To Threaten Rhode Island
Monday, October 07, 2013
According to the NWS, a wind advisory remains in effect until 8pm tonight, with winds from the south at 15-25 mph gusting up to 45 mph. Further, brief heavy rainfall and perhaps a few embedded thunderstorms may result in nuisance, including poor drainage street flooding later this evening. There is a low probability of an isolated severe thunderstorm or two, according to the NWS.
The following is the latest wind advisory from the NWS:
* LOCATION...MOST OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND EXCEPT FOR THE SOUTH
* TIMING...STRONGEST WINDS THROUGH EARLY EVENING. SOME STRONGER
GUSTS POSSIBLE AS A LINE OF HEAVY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
THUNDERSTORMS MOVES THROUGH.
* IMPACTS...WINDS OF THIS MAGNITUDE MAY DOWN BRANCHES OR SMALL
TREES. SOME POWER OUTAGES ARE POSSIBLE.
A WIND ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WINDS ARE FORECAST TO BE
31 TO 39 MPH OR GUSTS WILL RANGE BETWEEN 46 AND 57 MPH. WINDS
THIS STRONG ARE CAPABLE OF DOWNING SMALL TREE LIMBS AND
BRANCHES...POSSIBLY CAUSING ISOLATED POWER OUTAGES. DRIVING CAN
ALSO BE DIFFICULT...ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES.
- Follow the Storm on StormPulse
- Friars calm the Red Storm, 62-59
- NEW: Chafee Has Asked FEMA to Evaluate Storm Damage
- NEW: Flood Alerts For Rhode Island—Tropical Storm Andrea
- NEW: Messy March Storm Hitting Rhode Island Tonight
- NEW: RIPTA Beginning Gradual Reopening Following Storm
- NEW: Storm Moving Up Coast Could Dump 6-12 Inches On Rhode Island
- NEW: Storm Shuts Down Twin River
- NEW: T.F. Greene, RIPTA Cancelling Service in Anticipation of Storm
- NEW: Two More Storms On The Way To Rhode Island
- NEW: Weekend Storm Heading For RI—More Snow Possible
- NEW: Weekend Storm Hitting RI Saturday Afternoon—Mixed Snow/Rain
- NEW: Weekend Storm Intensifying, Could Bring More Snow To RI
- NEW: Weekend Storm Will Last Longer But Be Weaker in RI
- NEW: Winter Storm Forcing School Closures, Postponements in RI
- Rhode Island’s Biggest Storms: 75th Anniversary of Hurricane of ‘38
- Rob Horowitz: The Ties That Bind Help Us Weather the Storm
- UPDATE: The Latest Storm Closings/Postponements in RI
- WEATHER UDPATE: Major Winter Storm On The Way For Friday
- WEATHER UPDATE: Arctic Cold May Save Us From Approaching Storm
- WEATHER UPDATE: RI’s Storm Outlook for Friday Afternoon
- WEATHER UPDATE: Snow Coming Tonight, Storm Outlook For Weekend
- WEATHER UPDATE: Storm Threatens Evening Commute
- WEATHER UPDATE: Storm Will Dump Bulk of Heavy Snow Late Thursday
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.